– Description of scheduled purchases, plans, policy and practices.
From 1 January 2021, the Northern Lighthouse Board will advertise all contracts with a potential value greater than £25,000 (GBP)
During the period 1 April 2022 to 31 March 2023 our requirements may include but are not limited to:
- Waste Services (Edinburgh and Oban)
- Fleet Vehicles including Charging Points
- Legal Services
- Engineering Support Services
- Moorings (Collaboration with NLB and Trinity House)
- Lanterns (Collaboration with NLB and Trinity House)
- Racons (Collaboration with NLB and Trinity House)
- Navigational Charts (Collaboration with NLB and Trinity House)
- Provision of Boat Services
- Refurbishment and Upgrade of Outer Skerry
- Satellite Broadband for NLV Pharos and Pole Star
Purchasing Policy/Procurement Policy
As a Public Body the Northern Lighthouse Board purchases in accordance with UK policy, and other appropriate legislation.
The following procurement procedures are normally applied:
- Less than £3,000 requires a Single Quote (as a minimum)
- From £3,001 to £9,999 requires 3 Quotes (as a minimum)
- From £10,000 to £25,000 requires 3 written Quotes (as a minimum) and must be based on a clear written specification of requirements
- From £25,001 to UK/WTO Threshold requires advertised formal competitive tenders
- Contract exceeding UK Thresholds/WTO Threshold requires further advertising within www.find-tender.service.gov.uk
NLB also makes use of contracts provided for public bodies by Crown Commercial Services Team (https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/crown-commercial-service), Scottish Government Frameworks (https://www.gov.scot/publications/frameworks-and-contracts/), ESPO (https://www.espo.org/frameworks.html) and HealthTrust Europe (https://www.healthtrusteurope.com/)
NLB also participates in collaborative procurement with other public bodies and our requirements will be advertised as part of a joint or collaborative project. Such projects will be advertised appropriately by the leading authority and may not appear on NLB’s Buyer Profile.
Purchasing Practices/Procurement Procedures
NLB will normally advertise all contracts for goods and services valued over £25,000. Adverts will appear on this portal, Contracts Finder – https://www.gov.uk/contracts-finder and may appear in Government Opportunities and other websites and publications.
All contracts exceeding UK/ WTO Thresholds are advertised within the Find a Tender Service and may subsequently appear on other website and in other publications. These adverts can also be found on e-procurement website Delta https://www.delta-esourcing.com/